Globus Online is an easy-to-use application that allows for transferring data to and from end-points via GridFTP. The Brazos Cluster's Globus endpoint facilitates movement of data into and out of the shared filesystems.
Prerequisites for using with Brazos
- You must have a globus online account.
- Read the Globus Online Quickstart Guides
- You must have an active account on the Brazos Cluster.
Using Globus to transfer files
When transferring files to or from Brazos, you will need to reference the Endpoint name tamu#brazos.
The following filesystems are accessible using Globus Online:
- Your $HOME directory
To use your NetID credentials with Globus do the following:
- Go to https://www.globus.org/SignUp and create a globus online account.
- Once the account is set up and you are logged in, click on your username in the top right and then click Manage Identities
- Select add linked identity then choose Add Single Sign-On Identity
- Choose the InCommon/CILogon single sign-on provider
- On the CILogon page choose Texas A & M University as the Identity Provider
- On the TAMU SSO page enter your NetID and password to complete the process of mapping your TAMU credentials to Globus Online